This meal was very good! I had never had brie before (that I can remember) so I really wanted to try this sandwich. Joe and I love rice, so I thought this medley would go great with the sandwich. It was a perfect combo!
CARAMELIZED ONION, BRIE & HAM CROISSANTS
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 large croissants, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
In the same skillet, heat bacon, turning once.
On a baking sheet, arrange 4 croissant halves. Evenly top with bacon, then onions, then cheese. Bake 2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Top with remaining croissant halves and serve hot.
- 1 package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped Golden Delicious apple
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery