Joe and I ate these fries with some BBQ chicken and both agreed that they were the best part of the meal. They are very easy to make and a wonderful alternative to french fries!
SWEET POTATO STEAK FRIES
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (I used dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (Again, I used dried)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle the oil over the slices. Add the salt, thyme, rosemary, and 4-5 grinds of pepper. Using your hands, toss the potatoes to coat them with oil and seasonings.
Bake for 15 minutes. Using tongs, turn each slice. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until potatoes are browned. Serve immediately.