Friday, January 9, 2009

Korean Barbecued Flank Steak

Well I must give credit to Rachael Ray for initially getting me into cooking. In college one day I was flipping channels and stopped on one of her episodes of 30 Minute Meals. I thought, "I can do all that! That doesn't look so hard." So I started experimenting with cooking right away and realized that I liked the challenge that cooking brought and feel proud of myself when I can make a delicious meal that would rival something you would get in a restaurant.

This is something that definitely would rival a dish you would get at a Korean barbecue restaurant! It was so unbelievably good, I plan on making this one again soon. And I got to use my new grill pan that I got for Christmas with this dish. It worked perfectly!

KOREAN BARBECUED FLANK STEAK
  • 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning
  • 1/4 cup tamari (I used soy sauce)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 2 scallions, finely chopped
  • 2 pounds flank steak
In a shallow dish combine everything except the flank steak. Coat the flank steak in the mixture and let it stand for 10 minutes (I did it for 3 hours and would recommend marinading for at least that long).

Preheat your grill to medium high. When the grill is screaming hot, add the meat and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, 7-8 minutes on each side for medium well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin