Monday, March 16, 2009

Lucky Charm Treats

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This was always a fun holiday growing up because it was also my sisters birthday. In years past, I've attempted to make authentic Irish food for this holiday. I don't know if it's me or Irish cuisine, but I haven't liked any of it so far. Tomorrow I'm trying corned beef for my first time and if it turns out great, then I'll post it here. This is a treat that is delicious for the holiday! I highly recommend making it if you're a Lucky Charms fans....which should be everyone. =)

LUCKY CHARM TREATS
  • 3 tablespoon butter
  • 2 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
  • 5 cups Lucky Charms
Grease a 9x9 baking dish. Melt the butter and marshmallows together until smooth. Add the cereal and stir until coated. Press into greased dish with hands. Cut into squares when cool.

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Yum! I, too, love Lucky Charms, and these look fantastic -- and so simple! That's my kind of food!

I think you'll like corned beef...how are you preparing it? I always make mine in the slow cooker with cabbage and potatoes...yum!

Sarah said...

Yes My favorite meal of the year, Corned Beef and Cabbage! Are you making the corned beef from scratch though?? Mine is in the Slow Cooker already!!!!

Lisa K said...

Yes, I'm making mine in the crockpot. There's was A LOT of fat on it. Was I supposed to take it off before putting it in?

I also made a sauce to put on top of it that I got from AllRecipes.com. It's supposed to make it good for non-corned beef fans. I think I'm in that category! =)

Lisa K said...

Oh, and I'm making the potatoes separate because I don't want them to be ruined if I end up hating the corned beef.

Kate said...

I have to tell you....... I made these on two consecutive days. The first day, we ate the whole pan. The next day, I made them for my Activity Days girls. We cleared out any leftovers really fast.

There's just something about having marshmallows in my marshmallows. YUM!

Unknown said...

Add half a cup of peanut butter and you'll never go back to plain again

Anonymous said...

Hi
lexapro without prescription
No prescription, no hidden fees, safe and secure payment system.
[url=http://www.piecethemusical.com/]generic lexapro[/url]
You need to undergo special procedures if any of the above is present before taking Lexapro or before being given a dose adjustment.
http://www.piecethemusical.com/ - lexapro medication
Administered as a single daily dose, Escitalopram, the generic name of Lexapro can be taken with or without food.

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin