Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yogurt Muffins

So I'm still working on my goal of cooking one recipe out of each of my cookbooks and I'm still on the Bs! I need to get crackin'.

This this recipe is out the Better Homes and Garden red binder cookbook that I'm sure EVERYBODY has. I don't know why I don't refer to that cookbook more often because it has some really great ideas in there.

This muffin recipe is so terrific and is very easy to make. The yogurt makes the muffins very moist. I made some changes, using what I had on-hand, and I really liked them.

YOGURT MUFFINS
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (I used lemon peel)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1 8-ounce carton orange yogurt (I used blueberry)
  • 1/3 cup cooking oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
  • 1-2 teaspoon orange juice (I used lemon juice)
Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.

In another bowl combine egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Add mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).

Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups.

Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a glaze that is easy enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm muffins, serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here a little extra cake http://www.droparecipe.com/recipes/view/chocolate-cake could maybe also be interesting. The site is maybe something for your link list.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin