Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tikka Masala Pizza

Last week I was watching a show on FoodNetwork where they go to popular restaurants in popular cities, I can't remember which one, and they were highlighting some unique pizzas. It got me thinking about what kind of pizza I would want to eat that you can't find in most restaurants and the idea hit me - Tikka Masala Pizza! Indian food is my favorite, and I love eating tikka masala with naan bread, so why not make it into a pizza? I made it tonight for dinner and we all loved it. If you're an Indian food fan, make this!

TIKKA MASALA PIZZA
  • 1 pizza crust - you can buy it premade or make it yourself
  • 1 jar/sauce packet of tikka masala
  • 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces and cooked
  • 1 large bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded (more or less to your tasting)
Cook the tikka masala according to directions on jar/packet. Once that's done, mix with chicken. Pour this sauce onto the pizza crust,  then add the bell pepper, cilantro and cheese on top. Cook at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin