Sunday, January 22, 2012

Orange Broccoli and Carrots

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com when I was looking for a way to use up a bunch of broccoli and carrots that I had on hand. The recipe doesn't call for carrots, but I threw them in anyways and they were a great addition! This was really easy and quick to throw together, so I'm sure I'll use this recipe a lot.

ORANGE BROCCOLI AND CARROTS
  •  2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces with stalks peeled
  • 12 baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the orange zest and red pepper flakes and allow to heat briefly, about 1 minute. Stir the broccoli and carrots into the mixture; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking about 5 minutes more; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour the orange juice over the broccoli and carrots and toss to coat. Serve hot. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin